Nurturing Certainty through Content Marketing
[Approximate Reading Time: 4 mins]
Content marketing is a tactic useful to create brand awareness, connect with your target audience, and boost sales through content that is valuable and relevant. It is the most important tool in corporate communication. While the ultimate goal is to increase sales, this cannot be achieved instantly. Effective content marketing must be able to persuade the audience to make the buying decision on their own by nurturing certainty in their minds.
Converting the person who reads your content into a customer who ends up using your products and services requires skilled marketing. Understand what the potential customer is looking for, and make the right moves to set a clear path to the decision to purchase. The task may sound Herculean, but aren’t we all somebody’s customers?
So, what hinders a purchase?
- Fear—whether you can use the product easily, the risks involved, quality, and acceptance by the people who will use it
- Doubt—whether it is something or all that you need and will it fit the existing system
- Uncertainty—whether it can be successfully implemented to reap maximum benefits
Content marketing or the corporate communication strategy needs to effectively address exactly the above points. It should work on building assurance in the mind of the potential buyer—that is, give him or her a feeling of certainty. This is achieved by publishing creative content that not only establishes the brand but also educates people about the product and how to use it effectively.
- The content must provide complete information about the product or service.
- If information is spread across multiple media, maintain consistency. This includes information about the benefits, price, and risks.
- Be transparent. Do not make false promises. Only portray information as certain if it really is so.
- Keep readers informed about the company and where it is headed.
- Address queries raised by customers, and offer solutions. This encourages trust, thus removing any negative feelings associated with the product.
- Empathize with the customer, identify the weak points, and provide tips to support them.
- Make sure that this information is easy to access and recall. Repetition of facts eliminates fear.
When readers have enough knowledge about the product and a brand image that they can trust, it speeds up the buying process. They are more likely to make a purchase, spend more, and maintain that attitude toward your brand.
Does this mean marketing content should not sell the product at all? No. Keep the content 80 percent educative and informative and 20 percent promotional. Change the proportions according to the current search trends. Viral content creates brand awareness. Keyword-optimized content brings traffic. Use consumer behavior data to create content that has the maximum reach. Be flexible with the content.
Marketers already have the habit of attracting a desirable attitude toward the company from the public. When they also work on their content to minimize potential customers’ fears, doubts, and uncertainties, the customer conversion rate will increase. B2B buying decisions must be driven by certainty.
Amnet Creative Content Services offers a wide range of services to help you articulate your brand through creative marketing content. Reach and retain your customers, and realize your goals. Know more at https://corpcom.amnet.com/.
Amnet has created a unique model of certainty index that can measure certainty every month. To know how it works, click here: https://amnet-systems.com/delivering-certainty/.