[Approximate Reading Time: 4 mins]
In this digital age, content marketing is a powerful tool for corporate communication when it is used effectively. In 2018, 91 percent of marketers in the business-to-business domain used content marketing strategies to reach their audiences, and 85 percent thought it was an invaluable tool. Understanding the content marketing cycle can help business owners take full advantage of its benefits and see positive results.
Getting a Hand on the Content Marketing Cycle
When you think about the content marketing cycle, it’s more about opening up your marketing lens to include the entire process—from finding leads to developing long-term relationships. You can create compelling and relevant content at each stage, making the cycle work for you. Any content you create should serve your company’s broader goals and reinforce the brand. The key is to develop a thoughtful and iterative approach, by following these steps:
- Conduct research: Regardless of whether you are appealing to prospects or repeat customers, take the time to understand what your audience needs and wants.
- Set goals: Determine what you want your content to do for you. Your goals may be different for each marketing funnel stage, but you still need to define them clearly.
- Develop a strategy: Once you understand your goals, you can develop a strategy for meeting them. In this step, you’ll need to decide what content mix you need to meet your objectives.
- Create the content: As you create your content, keep in mind your audience, goals, and branding message. Incorporate good SEO practices for search engines, paying particular attention to Google’s changing algorithms, as it holds 72 percent of the search engine market share.
- Distribute the content: Part of your strategy should be determining what platforms you will post your content on and when. Once your content is created, post it where and when you are likely to receive the highest visibility.
- Follow up: Understand what comes next for your audience after they engage with your content, and be sure to have a strategy in place for following up with them and moving them along the sales funnel.
After you’ve completed the entire cycle, it’s time to start the process all over again!
Amnet can help you make your marketing campaign a success with our branding and corporate communications services. We create visually appealing collaterals that get our customers noticed. We are a multinational company that has provided our clients with a comprehensive suite of content production services for more than two decades. Get in touch today to discover how Amnet can help you deliver content that has that wow factor.